This article shows you how to use the Lima application to create a folder, rename, move or delete a file or a folder, or how to add files in Lima from Apple Photos, or from one of the “document provider” applications on your iPhone.
See here how to open or import files in Lima using another application on your iPhone.
Create a New folder
1. You can create a new folder from the homescreen or a subfolder in an existing folder, pressing on the “+” button at the right bottom corner of your screen.
2. Select “New folder”.
3. Choose a folder name. Touch on “Create”.
4. Your new folder is added to your Lima drive!
Add a File
The “Add a File” button enables you to browse to add a file provided by another application on the iOS device. Such an application has to provide an extension of type 'Document Provider'.
Some known iOS applications that can be used with Lima "Add a File" are iCloud Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Document 5, Drive …
1. To “Add a File” from a ‘Document Provider’ application on your mobile, touch the “+” button at the right bottom corner of your screen.
2. Touch the “Add a File” button
3. Choose the application to add a file from. In our below example we’ve used iCloud Drive.
If your application isn’t in the list, tap the “More ...” option to add it to the list. If you can’t add the application this way, it means the application isn’t of the ‘Document Provider’ type, and it can’t be used with the Lima “Add a File” feature.
4. From within the selected application, in our example iCloud Drive, please select the file you want to add to Lima
5. Wait for the application to export the file, and the Lima application to open. You can change the destination folder, and the file name in Lima. Touch “Save” to valid your choice.
6. Wait for the Lima application to import the file.
7. The file has just been added to Lima successfully, and has to be uploaded to the Lima device HDD.
8. The file is backed up on your Lima device HDD.
You may need to allow the Lima application for the iCloud Drive application via the mobile iOS Settings, this way:
1. In “Settings”, choose “iCloud”, then choose “iCloud Drive”.
2. Turn the Lima application ON.
Add file(s) from Photos
The “Add a File” button enables you to browse to add a file provided by the Apple Photos applications.
To use the “Add from Photos” feature, you need to allow Lima to access “Photos” via using the mobile application Settings application.
1. To add file(s) from your Photos Gallery, press the “+” button at the right bottom corner of the Lima application.
2. It opens the default Photos view with the ‘Camera Roll’/’All Photos’ album content.
3. You can choose another Album by touching ‘Camera Roll’ / ‘All Photos’
4. Select the file(s) and touch “Done”
5. Wait for the Photos application to export the file(s).
6. The Lima application view opens then automatically. You can change the destination folder, and the file(s) name(s) in Lima. Touch “Save” to valid your choice.
7. Wait for the file(s) to be imported to Lima.
8. Your files are now just added to Lima, ready to be uploaded to the Lima device HDD!
Rename a file/folder
- Select any file or folder in your Lima drive and simply tap on “Rename”.
- Modify the current name and tap on “Rename”.
- Your file is renamed.
Move a file/folder
- Tap at the right of the file/folder you would like to move then tap on the “Move” option.
- From the screen below, choose the folder you want to move it into. Simply tap on the chosen folder. Here, we chose the “Desktop” folder.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on “Choose folder”.
Delete a file/folder
Deleting a file/folder will also remove it on all your other devices paired to your Lima account.
- Tap at the right of the file/folder you would like to move then tap on the “Delete” option.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on “Delete”.
- The file/folder is removed. Else, quickly tap on “Undo” if you want to get the file/folder back.