Issue and crash reports help us make improvements to Lima. Crash reports often include data such as stack traces, type of crash, and version of software. This information helps software developers to diagnose and fix the underlying problem causing the crash.
How to report an issue?
With Android, access your settings menu from the wheel at the right-top corner then tap on 'more'.
Then click on 'Send a diagnostic report' to automatically send logs and information about the current state of the application.
With iOS, access your settings menu at the right-top corner of the main application view. In the "ABOUT" section, touch “Help”, than in the Help view touch “Send a diagnosis report”.
Describing your issue
The issue description is very important for us. It allows you to state the exact set of conditions that causes a problem and the resultant undesirable state of the system. Your issue should reflect the:
- repeatability of the problem: whether it is easy to repeat or happens randomly
- steps to repeat: what you think caused the problem, ideally these steps should be repeated until they are as simple as possible and still cause the problem
- desired outcome of the steps: that is, what you WANT to have happen
- actual outcome of your steps: this is the essence of your problem
Please try to be as specific as possible to help us solve your issue quickly.
What information is sent in a diagnostic report?
Diagnostic reports only include technical information to help Lima developers determine what went wrong, and how to fix it. These reports do not include personal information. The information sent in a report includes:
- your device profile (device name, operating system, CPU, hardware model, RAM size)
- version of Lima application you were using
- installed Lima components
- Lima file system’s commands logs (your files details aren’t included).
- Lima network system’s commands logs
- .crash file(s) including executable module crashed, timestamp and backtrace
- and more technical info.
Your device profile will help us to assign your report to the right developer (we currently have a specialized developer per platform).
Thanks to the backtrace, we can easily identify a recurrent issue, a new bug or a problem being solved.
Thank you for helping us to improve Lima!