Please pay attention to always “Eject” the Lima drive before you power off the Lima device or unplug the Lima drive.
To Eject safely a Lima USB drive before you unplug it, or before you power off the Lima device:
- Lima menu > Preferences > STATUS
- Click on the ‘Manage’ button of the Lima device.
- Click on the blue link ‘Eject’ near the Lima USB drive reference.
- Click on 'Confirm', the Lima drive will be ejected.
- When the disk is confirmed as ejected, the Lima device is disabled, and you will see the following message in Preferences > STATUS
When you see the above screen, you have to physically unplug and replug the USB drive to the Lima (or to power OFF then ON the Lima device itself) to get the Lima enabled again with its drive mounted and usable.
The Lima App may take some time, about a minute in LAN, to be sure that the disk ejection has been correctly taken into account… Please be patient !
To avoid dirty disk and potential data corruption, please never forget to use the Eject functionality.